I normally forget them all around the 3rd of January so this year I have decided to set them down here for posterity and for future reference when willpower or brainpower is lacking.
So in 2017 I have decided to:
1. Stop saying ‘revolution’ instead of ‘resolution’. I KNOW it’s resolution. There are just some words I never say right, I think it’s a kind of tic thing.
2. Keep walking.
3. Look in the fridge before going shopping.
4. Look in the food cupboard before going shopping.
5. Clean the fridge more often, chucking out anything squidgy.
6. Tidy the food cupboard more often, getting rid of anything dating from before 2012.
7. Keep smiling.
8. Bleach my moustache more often and if that fails pluck it.
9. Move my summer clothes to the back of the wardrobe before there’s no point.
10. Be happy.
11. Speak to my family more often – the ones who don’t live in the same house as me I mean.
12. Remove the ashes from the fireplace more regularly instead of just waiting for my dad to do it.
13. Clean the cats’ litter tray more often even if it makes me gag.
14. Get through the pile of ironing that’s been there since the end of the summer holidays.
15. Stop doing so much washing. Then there would be less ironing.
16. Be kind.
17. Make a Jamie Oliver’s 15 minute meal at least once a month even if it takes me an hour and a half for each one.
18. Quit nagging.
19. Stop asking the girls the same questions. That is their one for me. I don’t know what they’re talking about.
20. Brush the fluffy cat every day before she gets all scruffy again.
21. Clean the windows before the sun starts shining on them.
22. Stop moaning about going into work before I go into work.
23. Try reading books at other times than bedtime. I might get through more than four or five a year that way.
24. See my friends more often.
25. Rake up the leaves in the garden before there’s no point.
26. Get hubby to finally move the trailer off the front grass. Oops, that’s nagging.
27. Clean my car more often.
28. Stop parking my car under trees so I don’t have to clean it so often.
29. Stop aimlessly surfing the web looking at stuff I don’t give a monkey’s about.
30. Keep writing.
Gee whizz. Thirty. That’s a lot. I wonder how many of these resolutions I’ll actually stick to. Well there’s the first one done anyway. Oh, and the last one. Just all the rest in the middle to deal with now…